Monday, July 20, 2015

2nd letter from Leuven, Belgium - Week 13

Hey Everyone, 

I'm sorry I have almost zero time today.  A quick overview of my time since I've been here.  The plane ride was super ridiculously long, like I can't even tell you it was forever long.  I just read scriptures and listened to the Piano Guys and tried to sleep.  

Then we got off the plane, went through some orientation and legality like stuff and then ate lunch sometime in there.  All of the food is super delicious and then yeah more orientation then we had a fire side, yada yada yada. 

I found out where I was heading and I was kinda nervous because ya know I learned Nederlands not Flams.   But where I'm at it's good, I love it, like Leuven is an amazing town and I absolutely love the people!  

Anyways lets see the best thing I've eaten so far is the pickled herring, it's super good.  The cheese and yogurt are delicious.  Let's see, people eat a lot of potato's over here, like a ton which is fine with me.  The waffles, chocolate, chocolate covered waffles, doner kabab's yeah it's all delicious!  It's definitely a super different culture. 

Our apartment is an apartment nothing special but it's nice, I don't mind it at all.  The doors all have dead bolts over here, like even your interior doors do, so you have a key for every door in the house. It's all very different but familiar. 

Our ward and Bishop are fantastic. Super super awesome Saints over here!!  They are all more than willing to help out in anyway they can. 

uhm yeah I'll have more picture's next week because today we are going to see a castle sooo that will be super freaking cool!

I love all of you. Remember that our Heavenly Father loves you and has a plan for you.  Remember that life is full of beauties and miracles and don't forget to smile!!!
Love,
Elder Walker 
(Picture courtesy of Elder Clukey) Elder Clukey w/ Groentje Elder Walker



No comments:

Post a Comment