Monday, July 13, 2015

1st letter from Leuven, Belgium - Week 12

No "official" blog email this week, but understandable considering he's very busy learning, serving and doing all the things a Groentje (greenie) does!  Here is what Elder Walker had to say about his first week in Belgium.  :-)  

Madre I love you, sorry I don't have a whole lot of time to talk this week.  I promise that next week I will write in more detail but I'll just do a quick overview.

Belgium is awesome period end of story.  The people are amazing, the food is delicious, especially the cheese and yogurt.  American stuff doesn't even taste real.  Chocolate, I will see what I can do (I may have asked him, while he's there, if he could send us some Belgian chocolate! :-) ) and the scenery is just beautiful.

Okay, so the language is good people can understand me and I'm picking it up pretty quickly!  I still have a lot to learn but I know the Lord is helping me.  Elder Clukey is amazing, he is a great missionary and we are working hard and we have seen sooooo many miracles this week it's just awesome awesome awesome!!  Being a missionary is amazing! uhm yes I got your package with meds and stuff thank you very much! (sooo glad it made it to him before he went overseas!)  uhm I dont know of anything I need per say that you could send to me but I'll think about it.  Anyways I love you so much have an amazing week, tell Troy and everyone hi!

Tell my brothers I love them and I'll write a better email next week!
- Elder Walker
Leaving on a jet plane (from Reno to SLC / SLC to Atlanta / Atlanta to Amsterdam)

Welcome to Amsterdam, Netherlands! 
 Here is a little excerpt from Elder Clukey's blog:

Well, this week was a fantastic week!! I said my goodbyes to Elder Besendorfer and then picked up my son in Amsterdam! His name is Elder Walker. He is from Utah and is fantastic! He is such a hard worker and really just wants to do missionary work. His visa actually got delayed so he was in California for a transfer. Based on that information he speaks Incredible Dutch! It is such a blessing to have him as my companion! Things are really going well here. We have done some really hard work and are seeing wonderbare (miracles) here in Leuven.
(Picture courtesy of Elder Clukey)  Elder Clukey & Groentje (Greenie) Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment