Monday, February 8, 2016
1st letter from Groningen, Netherlands - Week 41 & 42
Hey everyone!
Sorry I have been such a slacker with the blog email, but anyways I'm doing great, I'm now in the city of Groningen. It's the furthest point north on the mission and it is super awesome. It is a big college city and has a very lively atmosphere with a lot of open people, which is just awesome, like I'm loving it.
My companions are great, I am in a three man as of now and I'm serving with Elder Jardine, and Elder Gross. Elder Jardine is from Pleasant Grove Utah and Elder Gross is from Orem Utah and both are great missionaries whom I get along super well with! So it's awesome we are killing it here.
The Ward here is super awesome and is pretty big with a lot of young people. haha the mission is super good! So next Monday is 10 months on the mission, like that is insane!! It doesn't feel like I have been out that long but ya know so is life.
uhm right now I'm really focusing on the peace, happiness, love and light that the Gospel brings into our lives. Like it is amazing, I have experienced it in my life as well as the lives of others, like on the mission I have had experiences that I walk away from completely uplifted and I cannot stop smiling. Now that is true happiness, I love the happiness that the Gospel brings. It's definitely different than the temporal joy its just a great feeling and I'm grateful that I can be out here on a mission and offer people the chance to come unto the tree and taste of the fruit which is sweeter than all that is sweet.
I love all of you and I would challenge you to all think about what brings you happiness, what brings you peace, and figure out what to do to invite more of that into your lives. Have an amazing week and may God be with you till we meet again.
- Elder Walker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment