Monday, August 3, 2015

4th letter from Leuven, Belgium - Week 15

Hey everyone! 
The mission over here in Belgium is amazing!  Like I absolutely love it.  The people are fantastic and sooo loving.  We are teaching lots of people.
Sooo okay dutch sayings;

hello= halo or hoi

goodbye= tot ziens 

I don't really know how to explain this crazy language, but I love it and find it beautiful. 
Anyways let's see, so miracle of the week.  Okay, I hope you're ready for this because it is super super intense, like blow your mind in-tenseness!

Alright, so in Leuven there is this huge party going on like every other weekend, sooo basically talking to people in the Centrum (the center of the town) was like out of the question.  Lot's of loud music and such so we as missionaries, we prayed for some guidance and we had a feeling we needed to go see this old potential. 
So that's what we did.  Well there is only one way to get to his house and that is through this giant park dingus (dutch filler word that like encompasses everything).  So as we are strolling through the park this student runs up to us, drink in hand and starts to talk to us about the Gospel. Loe and behold his friend also runs up, who happens to be a man who we had just started to teach and who's house we had stopped by earlier that day!  
Sooo that was super awesome, we had an amazing conversation with them, said a prayer and continued on our way to the man's house who we intended to see this week.  Anyways, he wasn't there so we walked back through this same park.
A different guy starts talking with us, which was crazy.  That led to us talking to a investigator who they (the other missionaries) haven't seen since before I got to Leuven.  We also had a conversation with these three girls, I don't know how old they were, 18'ish I would guess, about the Gospel and yeah, one of the girls took a Book of Mormon which is super cool.  
By this point there were like 5 or 6 people listening which never happens so we had to pull out our portable soapbox..J/K. :-)  We had a very interesting conversation with them, so yeah, after all of this went down we were stopped by a family who had overheard our conversation and wanted to learn more, so we explained who we were and what our purpose was and gave them our number!  So it was absolutely insane!!  
I guess what I learned was that first of all our Heavenly Father has a perfect plan and that this is truly his work.   Also that hard work definitely brings blessings.  
Anyways I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
- Elder Walker 




The District



No comments:

Post a Comment